This afternoon, 38 of our Key Stage 2 children spent 4 hours recording songs and videos for the 'Waiting for Christmas' project. The children joined many others from local primary schools for a fantastic afternoon of singing, led by such enthusiastic organisers. The children have been learning the lyrics since September, so this was a chance for them to show how much they'd learnt...
From the recordings, a CD and DVD will produced, which should be available during late November. The project culminates with a live evening performance at the Spa Pavilion, Felixstowe, during the week beginning 2nd December - based on today, it should be marvellous.
I'd like to thank the parents for their support of this project and also complement all of the children on their behaviour during a very long and tiring afternoon.
The project is aiming to raise over £50,000 to to enable Tearfund to undertake projects, supporting families, all over the world. Some of the key aims of the 2012 project are:
• To provide a creative focus of resources for schools leading up to Christmas
• To provide a unifying project for children at primary/junior schools in the area
• To raise awareness of issues of poverty and injustice
• To raise money for charity, particularly for third world children through Tearfund
• To help convey the message of Christmas in a fun way
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment below. It will be sent for moderation and should be displayed on the site soon.