Friday 24 June 2011

Earl Soham @ Suffolk Schools' Dance Jam

Yesterday evening, if front of an expectant full house, the Earl Soham dance group entertained a diverse audience with a simply stunning performance.
It was the first ever Schools' Dance Jam to be held at Dance East in Ipswich. Following an afternoon of rehearsals, and many weeks of practice, the 'show' started at 7pm. And what a show it was!
Earl Soham were due to be fourth on stage. By 7pm, my stomach was tied in multiple knots. Having been entertained by dancers from Westbourne Sports College, Wells Hall Primary School and Kesgrave High School, the 14 dancers from Earl Soham took to the stage. At this point, I was trembling with a mix of excitement, anticipation and anxiety. Goodness knows how the parents and children felt. What was to follow was 5minutes of the most wonderful dance. Tears welled up in my eyes as I looked on to see something quite incredible and is now so hard to describe in words which would do it justice.
I often use the word 'proud' to describe much of what the children at Earl Soham do. This performance, based on the commitment, effort and skills of all involved, has left me beaming with pride. One day after the event I still can't stop smiling about it.
Having spoken to many parents, I know that they were all similarly 'taken aback' by what their children produced. Thank you for your tremendous support throughout. As stated in an email I received after the performance - 'I am a very very proud Mum tonight. My child is on a high at the moment & I hope this is something he remembers for the rest of his life' - I believe that this is something to stick in everyone's memory for a long time.
Finally, huge thanks go to Mrs Jarvis for her encouragement and commitment to the children throughout this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment below. It will be sent for moderation and should be displayed on the site soon.